How long has it been since the last time you looked for more affordable Acura NSX insurance in Irvine? Overwhelmed by the number of car insurance companies available to you? There are such a vast assortment of companies available that it can turn into a real challenge to find lower prices on Acura NSX insurance. Irvine is the perfect city to reside in, but expensive car insurance premiums can make it very difficult to keep a tight budget.
How to save on Acura NSX insurance in Irvine
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Acura NSX insurance in Irvine is to compare prices once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in California.
- First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates such as careless driving and poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Irvine. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who get comparison quotes once a year will probably move their business because they have a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Locating the best rates in Irvine is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save money using the techniques covered below. Nevertheless, California car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Cheapest car insurance in Irvine, CA
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in California. If you want to find cheap car insurance in California, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Lower rate quotes on Acura NSX insurance in Irvine with these discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Devices – Irvine drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new NSX may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Irvine may earn a discount when getting a Irvine auto insurance quote.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are:
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, early quote, driver training, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century includes discounts for theft prevention, early bird, driver training, homeowners, and student driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, driver’s education, accident-free, multiple policy, safe vehicle, student away at school, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bags, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, multi-car, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask every company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheaper rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Irvine who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Irvine for you
When narrowing the list to find a local Irvine insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Irvine are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Yang
4255 Campus Dr A270 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 509-2888 – View Map
- Steven Wang – State Farm Insurance Agent
15333 Culver Dr #130 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 552-3600 – View Map
- Mike McCain – State Farm Insurance Agent
1442 Irvine Blvd #204 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 734-8300 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you will want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Irvine that are able to give price quotes.
- Sentry Insurance – Irvine
16815 Von Karman Ave #200 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 930-6100 – View Map
- USG Insurance Services-California
100 Pacifica Suite 340 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (800) 886-3897 – View Map
- Morning Star Agency Insurance Services Incorporated
1340 Reynolds Ave #103 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 833-2030 – View Map
Upon receiving good responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
One last thing about your coverage
When getting Irvine auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
Cheap Acura NSX insurance in Irvine is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Steps to finding more affordable Acura NSX insurance in Irvine
The recommended way to get more affordable Acura NSX insurance in Irvine is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in California. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Irvine Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Irvine, CA? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)