It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Irvine is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in California.
- Read about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more ideas to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze all possible companies. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Amazingly, most car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers can cut their rates by almost 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Irvine, CA. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Irvine, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Chevy Sonic insurance in Irvine
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Discount – Seniors are able to get reduced rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Irvine can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, driver training, and federal employee.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, student away at school, paid in full, mature driver, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, good student, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- Esurance discounts include renters, defensive driver, online shopper, anti-theft, Switch & Save, good driver, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, follow this link.
Best auto insurance in Irvine
Finding a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Irvine. The information in the lists below can help you choose which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Irvine
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Know your credit score – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Sonic if you clean up your credit.
- Prevent theft and reduce prices – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
- Expect high rates for teens – Beginning drivers in California are statistically shown to be less responsible when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a young driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Frequent claims will increase rates – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in California provide the lowest premiums to drivers who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Does your employer cost you more? – Jobs like military personnel, executives, and medical professionals have higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as farmers, historians and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Sonic – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that statistically have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure.
The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Sonic vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Sonic Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Sonic 104 132 91 167 189 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years