If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Irvine. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for ideas to help reduce prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who get price comparisons will most likely switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely shopped around saved about $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Irvine is your intention, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how insurance works and also pocket some savings If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Smart buyers just have to know the tricks to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Car insurance providers offering competitive prices in California
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Females tend to cost less – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Both genders cause accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Drive less and get lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Audi in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy shows annual mileage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Q3 may be costing you.
- Traffic violations increase prices – Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Just one driving citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Stay claim-free and save money – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in California give discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- City dwellers may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Audi Q3 historical loss data – Car insurance companies analyze historical claim data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Audi Q3 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Audi Q3 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi Q3 4WD 116 69 94BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get lower-cost rates by earning discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower price if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Esurance has savings for Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and renters.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, driver training, good student, defensive driver, and air bag.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, driver training, good student, emergency military deployment, air bags, and membership and employees.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, good student, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Irvine. For a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in California, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Irvine insurance agent
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And buying from small agencies is especially important in Irvine.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Irvine who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Car insurance agents in Irvine come in two varieties
When searching for local Irvine agents, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Irvine who can help you get free price quotes.
- California Agency Insurance
17632 Irvine Blvd # 235 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 731-8300 – View Map
- KCAL Insurance Agency (Irvine)
14795 Jeffrey Rd – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 786-6888 – View Map
- USG Insurance Services-California
100 Pacifica Suite 340 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (800) 886-3897 – View Map
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are Irvine exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Berdy Gonzalez-Lubnau
41 Corporate Park #240 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (714) 263-2623 – View Map
- Ken LaTourette – State Farm Insurance Agent
1032 Irvine Blvd – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-3779 – View Map
- Mike McCain – State Farm Insurance Agent
1442 Irvine Blvd #204 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 734-8300 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How long has their agency been in business in Irvine?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
In the end, you can save money
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Cost effective Audi Q3 insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents in Irvine, so get free Irvine car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Irvine, CA? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Business Use in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)