The best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Irvine is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Make sure you put the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who compare other rates are inclined to switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study discovered that consumers who compared prices regularly saved over $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance is your goal, then having an understanding of how to shop for cheaper coverage can save time and money.
If you’re already insured or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Our goal is to help educate you on how to get online quotes and also save some money in the process Smart shoppers only need to know the best way to compare company rates over the internet.
Companies offering Audi TTS insurance in Irvine
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in California. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Irvine car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
To find insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Irvine, click this link.
Lower Your Irvine Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Why do you need liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest rates are for lower cost passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Don’t cancel your auto insurance policy without a new one in place – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse can be a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California DMV.
- Where you live factors in – Having an address in less populated areas is a good thing when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated California areas have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Loss statistics for an Audi TTS – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Audi TTS vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi TTS Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi TTS 2dr 4WD 141BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Irvine car insurance agent
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Irvine.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Irvine who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Best car insurance agent in Irvine
When narrowing the list to find a local Irvine insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Irvine agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Irvine who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- USG Insurance Services-California
100 Pacifica Suite 340 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (800) 886-3897 – View Map
- Wozencraft Insurance Agency
17321 Irvine Blvd #201 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 263-2626 – View Map
- Lockton Insurance Brokers
19800 MacArthur Blvd #1250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 252-4400 – View Map
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine who can help you get price quote information.
- John Luithly – State Farm Insurance Agent
16277 Laguna Canyon Rd F – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 727-4442 – View Map
- Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Adams
4860 Irvine Blvd Ste 206 – Irvine, CA 92620 – (714) 505-2457 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What companies can they write with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Irvine?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Discount Audi TTS insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)