Finding competitive car insurance for a Toyota Corolla in California depends on a large number of factors such as the age of the Corolla, where you live, and driving citations. Drivers in California pay approximately $1,117 a year to insure their Corolla, but that figure is an estimate based upon a 50-year-old married female driver with full comprehensive and collision coverage and $250 deductibles.
There’s a good chance you are not 50 and maybe not even a female, you might be single instead of married, or maybe you are just looking for cheap liability insurance. Having different needs demonstrates why the only real way to find the cheapest coverage for your Toyota is to just take the time to compare rates yourself. Quotes only take a couple of minutes and you will receive prices from the best companies that insure vehicles in California.
The trim level of your Corolla impacts the insurance rate, so the price you pay to insure a Corolla LE model will be $34 lower than the insurance cost for the high end Corolla XRS trim level, as shown by the rates below.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
Selecting a high-quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Irvine. The company ratings in the lists below may help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider shopping prices with. The ratings below are only comprised of large nationwide companies, so companies that focus mainly on California business are not included in these rankings.
Top 10 Large Auto Insurance Companies in Irvine Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Get discount Irvine insurance rates
Car insurance companies that offer coverage for a Toyota Corolla may provide special discounts that could reduce prices by as much as 25% or more if you qualify for them. A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for annual mileage, age of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, military active duty, good student, and daytime running lights.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, good student, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
The chart below shows the difference between auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The lower bar shows the rates with safe-driver, multiple vehicle, homeowner, marriage, passive restraint, and vehicle safety discounts applied. When drivers take advantage of discounts, the average savings per year on car insurance for a Toyota Corolla is 28% or $730.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
A great way to score the cheapest car insurance premiums in California for a Corolla is to drive carefully and avoid tickets and accidents. The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can raise insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
The chart shows that the average cost of an auto insurance policy in California per year with no accidents or violations is $2,749. Add in one speeding ticket and the average cost jumps to $3,156, an increase of $406 each year. Now add in one accident along with the one speeding ticket and the 12-month cost of car insurance for a Toyota Corolla increases to an average of $4,326. That’s an increase of $1,577, or $131 per month, just for being a little careless behind the wheel!
The Irvine, CA, insurance agents below can help you determine which car insurance policy is best, since some drivers wish to get some professional advice when shopping for cheaper insurance for a Corolla. It can be challenging to find the best policy on your own, and a professional agent can bring peace of mind knowing you have sufficient coverage at claim time. To find an auto insurance agency in your neighborhood, click the link after the list.
- Ken LaTourette – State Farm Insurance Agent
1032 Irvine Blvd – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-3779
- Professional Choice Insurance
2151 Michelson Dr Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (714) 467-8726
- Ray Vermeulen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2151 Michelson Dr #242 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 752-6335
- Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717
How to find the cheapest auto insurance for a Toyota Corolla
The list below summarizes many penny-pinching solutions that can help drivers get cheap auto insurance.
- Higher physical damage deductibles lower rates
- Increase your credit score
- Frequent claims will increase rates
- Accident-free drivers may qualify for discounts
- Bundle home and auto and save
- Save money by obeying traffic laws and keeping a clean driving record
- Compare rate quotes often
That last tip is particularly valuable, as we discussed in this article. Insurance rates change frequently, so don’t be afraid to buy a policy from a new company if a lower price can be found. We understand brand loyalty, but is isn’t recommended if that stubbornness costs you big bucks every year. In just a couple of minutes you could shop around and find cheaper insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Irvine.