How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for low-cost car insurance rates in Irvine, CA? Irvine shoppers have a choice when shopping for low-cost Chevy City Express insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a Chevy and find the cheapest rates from Irvine insurance agents and online providers.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy City Express insurance in Irvine utilizes the fact most of the larger companies allow for online access to compare their rates. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including an estimate of your credit level, if you have a valid license, whether you are single or married, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your rating data gets transmitted to multiple car insurance providers and they return quotes very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in California. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Irvine, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Analysis of coverages
The rate table shown next covers a range of insurance policy prices for Chevy City Express models. Having a better idea how auto insurance policy rates are determined can be of help when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$268||$470||$596||$36||$178||$1,548||$129|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$268||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,648||$137|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$308||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$308||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$308||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,790||$149|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,790||$149|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Chevy City Express annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy City Express insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy City Express book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Get cheaper rates on Chevy City Express insurance in Irvine with these discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every possible discount very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Paperwork-free – A few auto insurance companies provide a small discount shop Irvine auto insurance on the internet.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy City Express annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, daytime running lights, multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does my Chevy City Express need full coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.