Unbelievably, a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Irvine could save almost $469 every year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
The best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Irvine is to annually compare prices from providers that sell auto insurance in California.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more details to help prevent expensive coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. This article will introduce you to how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. But California vehicle owners must understand the methods companies use to market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get pricing from their websites. Getting online rates for Chevy HHR insurance in Irvine is easy for anyone as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these factors.
The ability to get online rates for Chevy HHR insurance in Irvine makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for cheaper insurance pricing.
In order to find out how much you can save on insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will receive a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Irvine, CA. In order to find the best car insurance in Irvine, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
The price information shown below covers a range of insurance premium costs for Chevy HHR models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Irvine garaging location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Chevy HHR premium costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of careless driving on Irvine insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders increase Chevy HHR annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet HHR liability-only versus full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy HHR insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy HHR replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy HHR, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy HHR. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
The Chevy HHR Insurance Price Equation
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that aid in calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings. Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Inexpensive frequent claims are not good – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in California award lower rates to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Never go without insurance – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Teenage drivers are expensive to insure – Inexperience drivers are proven to be more careless when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older people tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. A policy that improperly rates your HHR may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy states the right rating data.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
Gender and auto insurance rates – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. They both get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy HHR insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Where you live factors in – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
- Job can influence rates – Jobs like judges, business owners, and accountants generally have the highest average rates attributed to intense work situations and long work days. On the flip side, careers like professors, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you low cost Chevrolet HHR insurance.
- Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Telematics Data – Irvine drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track driving manner by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below compares Chevy HHR yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, multiple policy, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, good student, and renewal discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Irvine, click here to view.
Buying auto insurance from Irvine insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Irvine.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Irvine who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Irvine for you
When searching for a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Irvine who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Irvine
16969 Von Karman Ave #100 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 660-7061 – View Map
- Gardner Insurance Orange County
4952 Warner Ave – Huntington Beach, CA 92649 – (714) 846-4231 – View Map
- Ryan Hoherd, AFLAC Insurance Agent: Orange County, Long Beach, Riverside County
2770 S Harbor Blvd – Santa Ana, CA 92704 – (562) 212-3290 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Irvine willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Berdy Gonzalez-Lubnau
41 Corporate Park #240 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (714) 263-2623 – View Map
- Ray Vermeulen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2151 Michelson Dr #242 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 752-6335 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Al Kash
17702 Mitchell N – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 216-3620 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
What is the best car insurance company in Irvine?
Finding the best car insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in California. The company information below can help you choose which car insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
You can find cheap coverage
Cheaper Chevy HHR insurance in Irvine can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Irvine agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, poor customer service, high prices and even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)