Are you looking for cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance in Irvine? If you’re shopping for lower-cost insurance online, are you intimidated by the sheer number of auto insurance companies available to you? People have so many companies to choose from that it can really be a difficult situation to find the perfect company for you. Lots of people think Irvine is an awesome place to live, but high auto insurance premiums can make it hard for many drivers to afford.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Honda Odyssey insurance in Irvine
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Honda Odyssey insurance in Irvine is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in California.
- Spend some time learning about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Irvine. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $860 a year compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving the most money on Honda Odyssey insurance is why you’re reading this, understanding how to compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
Irvine insurance discounts for a Honda Odyssey
Companies don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize where and when they drive remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below compares Honda Odyssey insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, driver training, air bags, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-car, home ownership, good student, student away at school, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide has discounts for easy pay, family plan, good student, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, switch companies, early shopping, multi-car, mature driver, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, paid-in-full, renters, good student, claim free, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, accident-free, multiple policy, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include ease of repair, type of vehicle, professional/association, location of vehicle, good driver, and annual mileage.
If you are trying to find affordable Irvine auto insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your state. To view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Irvine, click this link.
To find the best car insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from car insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to find cheaper Honda Odyssey rates consists of shopping online. Keep in mind that quoting more will increase your chances of finding the best rates. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you should also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Honda Odyssey insurance rates and statistics
The coverage information shown below outlines detailed analysis of insurance costs for Honda Odyssey models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are formulated can be of help when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$332||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,618||$135|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Honda Odyssey auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Save Money with These Tips
Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Some insurers provide better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Where do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your auto insurance policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Odyssey may be costing you.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California department of motor vehicles.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in California generally give lower rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Insurance loss statistics a Honda Odyssey – Car insurance companies use data from past claims to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Odyssey Vehicles Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Odyssey 78 83 75 82 78 71BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Will my Honda Odyssey be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local Irvine car insurance agents
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Irvine who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Irvine?
The difference between Irvine car insurance agents
When looking for an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Irvine willing to provide price quotes.
- Rich Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
4482 Barranca Pkwy #224 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 552-6601 – View Map
- State Farm: Jim Canty
3200 El Camino Real #110 – Irvine, CA 92602 – (949) 769-2600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Adams
4860 Irvine Blvd Ste 206 – Irvine, CA 92620 – (714) 505-2457 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to include a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Irvine that are able to give price quotes.
- Church and Casualty Insurance
3440 Irvine Ave # 150 – Newport Beach, CA 92660 – (949) 852-8558 – View Map
- SureCo Insurance Agency
201 Sandpointe Ave Suite 600 – Santa Ana, CA 92707 – (866) 845-9815 – View Map
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Irvine
16969 Von Karman Ave #100 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 660-7061 – View Map
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though Irvine Odyssey insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Odyssey with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which auto insurance company is best in California?
Selecting a high-quality insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Irvine. The information listed below can help you select which providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
How much can you save?
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Honda Odyssey insurance premium rates in Irvine. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-conscious Honda Odyssey insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Irvine, so you need to quote Irvine auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Honda Odyssey insurance in Irvine
The easiest way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Irvine is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who sell insurance in California.
Step 1: Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Odyssey insurance in Irvine. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Other learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)