It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Consumers in California can save $469 each year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
The most effective way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from providers in Irvine. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations and bad credit can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. View prices
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on RC 200t insurance. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. Our goal is to help educate you on how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings Although California consumers must understand how companies sell online.
Cheap companies for Lexus RC 200t insurance in California
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in California. To get the cheapest car insurance in Irvine, CA, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Seven factors that influence insurance prices
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Married people drive safer – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- What are good liability protection limits? – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Combine home and auto and save – Most larger companies provide lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Higher prices for tough occupations – Occupational choices like doctors, business owners, and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers like scientists, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- Teen driver insurance prices – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver onto a policy can really hurt. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- High performance equals high premiums – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- How’s your driving record? – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Having a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Insurance policy discounts for Lexus RC 200t insurance in Irvine
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow data collection to analyze where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you cheaper RC 200t insurance.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new RC 200t can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-car, age of vehicle, multi-policy, professional/association, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, teen driver, multi-car, good student, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, safe vehicle, accident-free, driver’s education, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Allstate offers discounts for eSmart discount, farm vehicle, good payer, anti-theft, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and EZ pay plan discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer cheap Lexus RC 200t insurance quotes in California, click here.
Buying from car insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Irvine.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Irvine who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they work. Irvine agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent agencies in Irvine who may provide price quote information.
- Willis Insurance Services of CA Inc
18101 Von Karman Ave # 600 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 885-1200 – View Map
- Professional Choice Insurance
2151 Michelson Dr Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (714) 467-8726 – View Map
- Peter Green Insurance Agency LLC
3151 Airway Ave Suite F203 – Costa Mesa, CA 92626 – (714) 258-2800 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Irvine willing to provide rate quotes.
- Rich Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
4482 Barranca Pkwy #224 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 552-6601 – View Map
- Chris Barr – State Farm Insurance Agent
17802 Irvine Blvd a121 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-2558 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Al Kash
17702 Mitchell N – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 216-3620 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Irvine?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Irvine?
Best auto insurance company in Irvine
Picking the right insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Irvine. The company rank data in the lists below could help you choose which auto insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a Lexus RC 200t?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Cheap Lexus RC 200t insurance in Irvine can be found from both online companies in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)