Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Nissan 350Z in California could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Nissan and locate the lowest price either online or from Irvine insurance agents.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the best price on Nissan 350Z insurance in Irvine is the reason you’re here, then learning about how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best price on Nissan 350Z insurance in Irvine two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding 350Z insurance on the internet, but you can learn the easiest ways to find affordable car insurance in Irvine.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates and still have adequate protection. Buying the lowest-priced protection in Irvine is not as hard as you think. Smart shoppers just have to learn how to shop from many different companies online.
The majority of larger companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes from their websites. Getting Nissan 350Z insurance prices online is fairly straightforward as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and provides a quote.
The ability to get online price quotes for Nissan 350Z insurance in Irvine makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the best rate possible.
If you want to compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Irvine, CA. To buy the best cheap car insurance in CA, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Do you qualify for discounts on Nissan 350Z insurance in Irvine?
Some companies don’t list all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Online Discount – A handful of car insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Irvine and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap 350Z insurance.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your car insurance premiums.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, good student, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-car, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving, good student, business or organization, multi-policy, family plan, easy pay, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, teen driver, pay in full, mature driver, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance discounts include online shopper, online quote, safety device, emergency road assistance, renters, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, anti-theft, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, accident-free, and multi-car.
When getting free Irvine car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply in Irvine. To view car insurance companies who offer online Nissan 350Z insurance quotes in Irvine, click here to view.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan 350Z insurance, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Nissan 350Z and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is still important in Irvine.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to companies in Irvine who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Irvine insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always contact a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Irvine that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Lockton Insurance Brokers
19800 MacArthur Blvd #1250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 252-4400 – View Map
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Irvine
16969 Von Karman Ave #100 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 660-7061 – View Map
- Wozencraft Insurance Agency
17321 Irvine Blvd #201 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 263-2626 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Irvine exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance Agent: Kevin Chhiv
2101 Business Center Dr Suite 110 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 202-0338 – View Map
- Ray Vermeulen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2151 Michelson Dr #242 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 752-6335 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Al Kash
17702 Mitchell N – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 216-3620 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?