Chevy Traverse insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive Chevy Traverse insurance in Irvine? Purchasing the cheapest Irvine Chevy Traverse insurance quotes on the internet may be rather challenging for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and price shopping on the internet. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, how are drivers expected to be able to compare the different rates to find the best available rates?
It's an obvious statement that insurance companies don't want you shop around. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Irvine is your goal, then having some insight into how to shop and compare car insurance can save time and money.
This information will help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate. If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. But California drivers do need to know the way companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it's important to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Irvine, CA. To locate cheap car insurance in Irvine, CA, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Analysis of coverages
The rate information shown next covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Chevy Traverse models. Learning how insurance rates are determined is important to be able to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$346||$520||$386||$22||$116||$1,390||$116|
|Traverse LS AWD||$390||$520||$386||$22||$116||$1,434||$120|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$390||$520||$386||$22||$116||$1,434||$120|
|Traverse LT AWD||$390||$632||$386||$22||$116||$1,546||$129|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$390||$632||$386||$22||$116||$1,546||$129|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$390||$632||$386||$22||$116||$1,546||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Irvine which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Chevy Traverse annual premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based insurance rates in Irvine
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Traverse insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Traverse insurance rates with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevy Traverse settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Take these six policy discounts and save on Chevy Traverse insurance in Irvine
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Life Insurance - Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below compares Chevy Traverse insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, multiple policy, safe vehicle, driver's education, student away at school, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, teen driver, multi-car, and business and professional.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, student away at school, paid in full, and group or association.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, good student, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, 55 and retired, youthful driver, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA has discounts for good student, vehicle storage, new vehicle, family discount, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be available in your state. For a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Irvine, click here to view.
Insurance is not optional in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Traverse in Irvine, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Traverse has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Many people still prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Irvine.
Once you complete this short form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Irvine who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Irvine?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Irvine?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hail damage, falling objects, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Traverse.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Traverse to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles, emergency aid and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for pain medications, dental work and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay