Sadly, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Irvine consumers could save about 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Irvine is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. This information will familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how you can save the most money. But California consumers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices and apply this information to your search.
Cheap Lexus HS 250h insurance quotes in Irvine
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Irvine Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current HS 250h insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Irvine auto insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below shows the difference between Lexus HS 250h insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, membership and employees, federal employee, driver training, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for multiple vehicles, paid in full, mature driver, teen driver, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, early bird, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for claim free, renters, Switch & Save, safety device, online shopper, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, driver’s education, multiple autos, good student, and multiple policy.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. To view companies with discount auto insurance rates in California, click here.
All major insurance companies allow consumers to get prices from their websites. Doing online quotes for Lexus HS 250h insurance in Irvine is possible for anyone as you just enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the quote system collects reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find a better rate.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, check out the insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Rates and statistics
The table below highlights estimates of insurance premium costs for Lexus HS 250h models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance premiums are figured can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|HS 250H 4-Dr Sedan||$490||$780||$492||$30||$148||$1,940||$162|
|HS 250H Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$490||$780||$492||$30||$148||$1,940||$162|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Irvine garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices noticeably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Lexus HS 250h annual premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lexus HS 250h insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Get Cheaper Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The items below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data uses these assumptions: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Lexus HS 250h car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
- Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
Poor driving habits means higher premiums – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one driving citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten careless citations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can impact Lexus HS 250h annual premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Liability claims can be big – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Consolidate home and auto and save – Most major auto insurance companies will award better rates to customers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other Irvine HS 250h insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Prevent auto insurance policy lapses – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time. You may need to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting a policy, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Irvine car insurance agents?
Some consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Irvine.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Irvine who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Irvine auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to use a local agent, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Irvine agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Irvine who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Irvine
16969 Von Karman Ave #100 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 660-7061 – View Map
- Ryan Hoherd, AFLAC Insurance Agent: Orange County, Long Beach, Riverside County
2770 S Harbor Blvd – Santa Ana, CA 92704 – (562) 212-3290 – View Map
- Wozencraft Insurance Agency
17321 Irvine Blvd #201 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 263-2626 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Yang
4255 Campus Dr A270 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 509-2888 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: James Lohse
4850 Barranca Pkwy #202 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-0175 – View Map
- Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus HS 250h in Irvine, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your HS 250h has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your HS 250h outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best car insurance company in California
Choosing a high-quality auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Irvine. The ranking data in the lists below can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Quote. Compare. Save.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Low-cost Lexus HS 250h insurance in Irvine is attainable both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)