Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Mitsubishi Raider in California could be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Mitsubishi and obtain the lowest possible price from Irvine insurance agents and online providers.
Buying the lowest-priced coverage in Irvine is not as hard as you may think. If you already have coverage or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to understand the quickest way to shop for auto insurance using one simple form.
Lowering your car insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Irvine, CA. To buy the best auto insurance in Irvine, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need vehicle insurance in California
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mitsubishi Raider in Irvine, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mitsubishi with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Raider more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Six Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Raise deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Traffic violations can increase premiums – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even a single driving citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Small claims can cost you – Companies in California generally give the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Bundle home and auto and save – Most companies will give a discount to policyholders that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare Mitsubishi Raider rates in Irvine to help guarantee you have the best rates.
How much liability insurance do you need? – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Lower-cost Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Irvine
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Senior Discount – Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, multi-policy, safety features, and new graduate.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for group or association, paid in full, mature driver, air bags, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, multi-car, drive less, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
When to contact an insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in Irvine.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Irvine who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures to choose from. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Irvine that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Church and Casualty Insurance
3440 Irvine Ave # 150 – Newport Beach, CA 92660 – (949) 852-8558 – View Map
- Lockton Insurance Brokers
19800 MacArthur Blvd #1250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 252-4400 – View Map
- Wozencraft Insurance Agency
17321 Irvine Blvd #201 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 263-2626 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Irvine willing to provide rate quotes.
- John Luithly – State Farm Insurance Agent
16277 Laguna Canyon Rd F – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 727-4442 – View Map
- State Farm: Jim Canty
3200 El Camino Real #110 – Irvine, CA 92602 – (949) 769-2600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Yang
4255 Campus Dr A270 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 509-2888 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you receive acceptable answers to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for the entire policy term.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Irvine car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to buying discount Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Irvine
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount Mitsubishi Raider insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Irvine. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Irvine. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)