Trying to find the cheapest Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Irvine? Are you burned out from sacrificing other expenses to insure your Chevy every month? You are in the same boat as many other California drivers.
It’s hard to believe, but 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,387, Irvine drivers could save themselves 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with ads and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Irvine is not that difficult. But California drivers must learn the way companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Captiva Sport can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Captiva Sport insurance in Irvine.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Auto insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When getting free Irvine car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be offered everywhere. To find insurance companies with significant discounts in Irvine, click here.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick most of the larger companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including how much you drive, an estimate of your credit level, how much education you have, and what your job is. That information is then submitted to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate quickly.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Irvine, CA. To get the best car insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Informed Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Premiums
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help determine auto insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you big savings. Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Raising coverage deductibles lowers rates – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Good drivers pay lower prices – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers with serious citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Liability safeguards assets – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurers give discounts for people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare Chevy Captiva Sport rates in Irvine to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Stay claim-free and reduce premiums – Insurance companies in California generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Certain employers raise premiums – Careers such as judges, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, jobs like professors, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Fewer miles means better costs – Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Captiva Sport may be costing you. Verify your declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Captiva Sport – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD||89||95||88||123||115||105|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting a policy, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Captiva Sport is worth?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Captiva Sport?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local Irvine auto insurance agents
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Irvine who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Irvine that can give you price quotes for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Irvine.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Captiva Sport in Irvine, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy Captiva Sport, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Captiva Sport definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
We covered many tips how you can save on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chevrolet Captiva Sport insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Irvine is possible online in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Irvine
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Irvine is to do an annual price comparison from companies in California.
- First, try to comprehend individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)