Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who do rate comparisons are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that people who make a habit of shopping around saved over $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Irvine is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to find and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
The best way we recommend to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Irvine. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for instructions to help prevent costly coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Spark EV coverage is available in Irvine. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Irvine is much easier if you know where to start. In a nutshell, every vehicle owner who needs cheaper auto insurance will more than likely find lower prices. But California drivers benefit from understanding how companies market insurance on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
Affordable companies for Chevy Spark EV insurance
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Get cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in Irvine with discounts
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Irvine car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Irvine Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small discount on rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Irvine. To view insurance companies with significant discounts in California, follow this link.
How Your Spark EV Insurance Premiums are Determined
Many factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Job can influence rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like military generals, social workers, and accountants tend to have the highest rates because of job stress and long work days. On the other hand, jobs like actors, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Young drivers in California are known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Too many insurance claims will drive rates up – Car insurance companies in California generally give the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
A coverage lapse can increase premiums – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Performance impacts rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Gals tend to be lower risk – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have auto accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Getting quotes from local Irvine insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Irvine should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If they are an independent agency in Irvine, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Irvine?
Listed below is a list of auto insurance companies in Irvine that may be willing to give price quotes for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Irvine.
Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Irvine car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you quote Irvine car insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)