It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who compare rates annually are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy Volt insurance is your objective, knowing the best ways to shop for coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Really, the only way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Irvine is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that insure vehicles in California.
- Read about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for instructions to prevent high rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Volt insurance. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Make sure you put the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
These tips will familiarize you with how insurance works and also pocket some savings If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Vehicle owners only need to know the best way to compare company rates using one simple form.
All major car insurance companies give insurance quotes directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Chevy Volt insurance in Irvine is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and returns a price determined by many factors. The ability to get online price quotes for Chevy Volt insurance in Irvine makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower-cost car insurance pricing.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, check out the car insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will receive comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies provide quotes in Irvine, CA. To locate the best car insurance in Irvine, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Volt insurance premium.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Volt is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Irvine, click here to view.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Irvine.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to participating agents in Irvine that can provide free Irvine auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the differences because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get some free quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Irvine who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
California Agency Insurance
17632 Irvine Blvd # 235 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 731-8300 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Irvine exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Picking an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Irvine should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Irvine?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
After you get good responses to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your car insurance policy.
Irvine Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine prices.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Getting just one citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers with dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most insurers apply discounts for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Pay lower prices if you’re married – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Your deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates – Your credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Volt by improving your credit score.
Chevy Volt claim statistics – Insurers use data from past claims when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Volt Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Volt Electric 89 83 81 71 73 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing Chevy vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to save money.
Shop around and save
We just covered many ideas to compare Chevy Volt insurance auto insurance rates in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in California is available at the links below
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Irvine, CA? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)