Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of drivers in California have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. American drivers could save roughly $850 every year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they changed companies.
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Irvine. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for additional tips to get lower rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. Select a company
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Irvine. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Cheapest car insurance in Irvine, CA
The companies shown below offer quotes in Irvine, CA. If you want cheaper auto insurance in California, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Take advantage of these rate reducing discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Irvine Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click this link.
Buying auto insurance from Irvine insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Irvine.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Irvine are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Irvine independent insurance agents who can help you get pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Irvine that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is there a local claims center in Irvine?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Chrysler 200 insurance in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Irvine can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Irvine auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)