Confused by the sheer number of insurance providers that you can choose from? People have such a large number of options that it can turn into hard work to locate the lowest rates for Buick Rainier insurance in Irvine. Everyone knows Irvine is an awesome place to live, but high insurance rates makes it difficult to keep a tight budget.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower prices will presumably buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Buick Rainier insurance in Irvine is your objective, understanding the best way to compare coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
You should take the time to check insurance prices yearly because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best price on Buick Rainier insurance in Irvine six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Most of the larger companies give coverage price quotes from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Buick Rainier insurance in Irvine doesn’t take much effort as you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the quote system will order your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on these and other factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to get a lower rate.
To get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will receive a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for these eight discounts?
Car insurance companies do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Irvine Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Irvine can save you money because it requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and older, automatic seat belts, student driver, early bird, good student, and air bags.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple autos, and good student.
- Nationwide has discounts for accident-free, good student, anti-theft, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- Esurance offers discounts including good student, Switch & Save, online quote, anti-lock brakes, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. To see providers with significant discounts in California, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a local Irvine insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are claims handled?
Irvine auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Irvine agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Irvine that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Yang
4255 Campus Dr A270 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 509-2888 – View Map
- Steven Wang – State Farm Insurance Agent
15333 Culver Dr #130 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 552-3600 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
4000 Barranca Pkwy # 250 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 262-3238 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are Irvine independent agents that can give you price quote information.
- Lockton Insurance Brokers
19800 MacArthur Blvd #1250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 252-4400 – View Map
- Professional Choice Insurance
2151 Michelson Dr Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (714) 467-8726 – View Map
- Peter Green Insurance Agency LLC
3151 Airway Ave Suite F203 – Costa Mesa, CA 92626 – (714) 258-2800 – View Map
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Buick Rainier, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Rainier resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Rainier to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like structural damage, loss of income, bail bonds, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like pain medications, prosthetic devices, hospital visits, dental work and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Buick Rainier.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
Cheap Buick Rainier insurance in Irvine is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
We just showed you many ideas to find cheaper Buick Rainier insurance in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Irvine car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
How to buy affordable Buick Rainier insurance in Irvine
Truthfully, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Irvine.
- Read and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as your driving record and a negative credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Rainier coverage is available in Irvine. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)