Searching for low-cost auto insurance rates in Irvine, CA? Irvine consumers have a choice when looking for the best price on Ford Freestar insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Ford and find the lowest possible price either online or from Irvine insurance agents.
Companies offering affordable Ford Freestar prices in Irvine, CA
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Irvine, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Informed Consumers Save Money
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Miles impacts rates – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Freestar may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your car insurance coverage reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Save money by raising deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- With age comes responsibility – Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience tend to be inattentive when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Deter vehicle theft – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
Discounts for cheaper insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you don’t get every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount get Irvine car insurance on the internet.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Irvine and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a slight reduction on a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
A few companies that may offer quotes with these discounts are:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in every state. To find companies with the best discounts in California, click this link.
Local Irvine insurance agents
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Irvine who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Irvine?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long have they been in business?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Irvine
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agents in Irvine can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Irvine exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance Agent: Kevin Chhiv
2101 Business Center Dr Suite 110 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 202-0338 – View Map
- State Farm: Jim Canty
3200 El Camino Real #110 – Irvine, CA 92602 – (949) 769-2600 – View Map
- State Farm: Jane Lee
30 Corporate Park – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 223-5020 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Irvine willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Hodge and Hodge Insurance Inc
10 Hughes # 205 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 458-0442 – View Map
- Professional Choice Insurance
2151 Michelson Dr Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (714) 467-8726 – View Map
- California Agency Insurance
17632 Irvine Blvd # 235 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 731-8300 – View Map
Insurance agents can help
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote often and quote early
Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Ford Freestar insurance in Irvine can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Irvine, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, high prices or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Ford Freestar insurance in Irvine. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Irvine car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford Freestar insurance in Irvine
The easiest way to get cheaper Ford Freestar insurance in Irvine is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that sell auto insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Freestar coverage is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)