The preferred way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Irvine is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in California.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and your credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. View prices
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Shelby GT350 coverage is available in Irvine. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good piece of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Lower-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance quotes in Irvine
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Irvine car insurance quote when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Shelby GT350 insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are:
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, TimeAway discount, good driver, air bags, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide may include discounts for Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, business or organization, easy pay, anti-theft, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free
- 21st Century discounts include homeowners, anti-lock brakes, air bags, student driver, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, pay in full, mature driver, youthful driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, economy car, defensive driver, safe driver, premier plus, multi-policy, and FullPay discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Irvine. To view insurers that offer discounts in California, click this link.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Irvine, CA. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
How Your Shelby GT350 Insurance Prices are Determined
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
Mature drivers save more – Teen drivers in California tend to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Autos that have low annual miles get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Shelby GT350 can cost quite a bit.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most larger insurers allow better rates for people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
Tickets will cost you – Having a single chargeable violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Too many claims will drive rates up – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in California generally give better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Irvine.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Irvine car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Below are agents in Irvine that can give you rate quotes for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Irvine.
California Agency Insurance
17632 Irvine Blvd # 235 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 731-8300 – View Map
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Irvine?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
If you receive positive feedback to all your questions and cheap Shelby GT350 insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Just understand that you can cancel coverage for any reason so never feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for any length of time.
Three good reasons to insure your Shelby GT350
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Shelby GT350 in Irvine, paying for car insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Ratings for California car insurance companies
Finding the right auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in California. The information listed below can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Affordable insurance rates are possible
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Irvine car insurance quotes online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)