It’s amazing but about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. California insurance shoppers can save about $500 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Honda CR-Z insurance in Irvine is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in California.
- First, spend some time learning about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
The easiest way to get rate comparisons for Honda CR-Z insurance in Irvine utilizes the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as an estimate of your credit level, whether you are married, distance driven, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That rating data gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Irvine.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Irvine, CA. To find the best cheap auto insurance in CA, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates. Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Your employer and auto insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as military personnel, social workers, and financial analysts are shown to have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations such as professors, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Living in a rural area is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Lower population means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Alarm systems save money – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent auto theft.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Defend yourself with liability – Liability coverage will protect you when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Prevent auto insurance lapses – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a guaranteed way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Having a single driving citation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. People who have serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Honda CR-Z statistical loss data – Companies analyze the history of losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the loss history for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-Z Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to insure your CR-Z
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Honda CR-Z and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.