How long has it been since you sat down and looked for lower-priced auto insurance rates in Irvine, CA? Irvine drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Hummer H2 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Hummer and obtain the lowest possible price.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $70 a month compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Hummer H2 insurance in Irvine is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare car insurance can make the process more efficient.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest price on Hummer H2 insurance in Irvine on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to buy cheaper Hummer H2 insurance in Irvine.
If you’re already insured or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to save money without having to cut coverage. This article will help educate you on how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings Drivers only have to learn the most efficient way to compare company rates from many different companies.
Finding low cost Hummer H2 car insurance quotes is actually easier than you may think. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes to see which company has inexpensive Irvine auto insurance quotes.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. To locate the best car insurance in Irvine, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hummer in Irvine, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hummer at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Hummer and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in California overpays as much as $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts can help save money on Hummer H2 insurance in Irvine
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to monitor driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used H2 can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will definitely lower your overall bill.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers has savings for early quote, driver training, payment discounts, student away at school, and new car.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, defensive driving, accident-free, family plan, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, homeowner, pay in full, alternative fuel, distant student, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for good student, Switch & Save, renters, good driver, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, anti-theft, good student, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good student, age of vehicle, multi-car, ease of repair, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to view companies that offer the discounts shown above in Irvine, follow this link.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying your policy for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.