It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Irvine is to compare prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in California.
- It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives additional tips to lower rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Grand Cherokee coverage is available in Irvine. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
A recent survey discovered that most consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in California can save $500 each year, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
First Step: Get free Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance quotes
Just remember that having more price comparisons will enable you to find more affordable insurance.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. To buy cheap car insurance in Irvine, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance discounts in Irvine
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Irvine Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Irvine may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will bring down your policy premium.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, youthful driver, mature driver, early shopping, and distant student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, military active duty, good student, five-year accident-free, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, paperless, and safe vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, and driver training.
- USAA offers discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, military installation, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be offered in Irvine. To see insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click this link.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The rate table displayed next outlines a range of coverage prices for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Learning a little about how car insurance prices are established can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$182||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,216||$101|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$182||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,216||$101|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect rates significantly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Grand Cherokee replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Best car insurance company in Irvine
Selecting a high-quality insurer can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Irvine. The ranking data shown next may help you select which companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Learn How to Find Insurance More Affordably
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help determine your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Better prices on safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Jeep is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Insurance rates and age – Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Gender matters – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Pay more if you have a long commute – Living in less populated areas has it’s advantages when talking about insurance. City drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Pay less after the wedding – Your spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Good drivers have lower premiums – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get severe citations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance claims cost money – Companies in California award the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Jeep Grand Cherokee statistical loss data – Companies use data from past claims to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD||81||111||71||62||60||94|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD||91||112||98||67||63||89|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years