Want to save money and find the cheapest Subaru BRZ insurance in Irvine? No normal person loves paying for car insurance, especially when they know they could find better prices if they shop around.
Unimaginable but true, most consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Irvine can cut their rates by roughly 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Buying the cheapest insurance in Irvine is not rocket science. But California drivers must understand how companies calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Subaru BRZ insurance in Irvine is to know the trick auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as deductibles desired, if the vehicle is leased, daily mileage, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Your details is instantly sent to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Irvine, CA. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Irvine, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Irvine, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Subaru BRZ but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Cheap Irvine car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting car insurance coverage on a new BRZ is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Irvine could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Irvine, click here to view.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Irvine for you
If you need to find local Irvine agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Irvine exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you check rates from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Irvine independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Ryan Hoherd, AFLAC Insurance Agent: Orange County, Long Beach, Riverside County
2770 S Harbor Blvd – Santa Ana, CA 92704 – (562) 212-3290 – View Map
Morning Star Agency Insurance Services Incorporated
1340 Reynolds Ave #103 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 833-2030 – View Map
How to find a good California car insurance company
Picking the right insurer can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Irvine. The rank data shown below may help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned many ideas to find lower-cost Subaru BRZ insurance in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding low-cost Subaru BRZ insurance in Irvine
The recommended way to save on car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Irvine.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Irvine. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Immediately keep your new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One piece of advice is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Retired Military in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)