Consumers not familiar with comparing insurance rates on the web could find locating low cost Volvo XC70 insurance is nearly impossible.
How to find cheaper Volvo XC70 insurance in Irvine
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Volvo XC70 insurance in Irvine is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in California. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper XC70 coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Once received, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good piece of advice is to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most consumers in California have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in the United States can cut their rates by about 46.5% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper car insurance rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. This article’s intent is to teach you a little about how to compare rates easily and some tricks to saving. Although California car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
How to lower your Volvo XC70 insurance cost in Irvine, CA
When comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Irvine, CA. If you want the best cheap car insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your Volvo vehicle and other assets
Even though Irvine XC70 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volvo, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Volvo XC70 but also your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America overpays more than $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Analysis of Volvo XC70 rates
The premium information below outlines estimates of policy rates for Volvo XC70 models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are formulated is important for making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$318||$502||$514||$30||$154||$1,518||$127|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$318||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,596||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims impact Volvo XC70 insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC70 auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC70 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $700 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Affordable Irvine insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Claim Free – Irvine drivers who stay claim-free pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Irvine car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC70 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for low natural disaster claims, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, five-year accident-free, military active duty, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and good student.
Check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies offering insurance discounts in California, click this link.