How long has it been since you compared the cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Irvine? Being forced to pay for pricey insurance premiums can overdraw your personal savings and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Doing a price comparison can help to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who compare other rates are highly likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding discount prices. A study discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is the reason you’re here, understanding how to shop and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Popular companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to compare rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Irvine a year ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to find better coverage on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Irvine at a better price.
To find low cost Irvine car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of California auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to compare insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to physically go to different agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the personal advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding better pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. To locate cheaper car insurance in CA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help save money on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Irvine
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all discounts very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Irvine car insurance on your computer.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates in Irvine.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may receive a slight reduction on a Irvine car insurance quote.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, homeowner, paid-in-full, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, newly retired, good student, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, good student, multiple vehicles, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered everywhere. To view auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Irvine, click here.
Insurance coverage details
The price information displayed below showcases a range of prices for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance policy rates are determined can help customers make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$412||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,208||$184|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$412||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,346||$196|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$412||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,346||$196|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$412||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,346||$196|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$412||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,346||$196|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$412||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,346||$196|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$458||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,392||$199|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$458||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,392||$199|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$458||$1190||$650||$38||$194||$2,530||$211|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$458||$1190||$650||$38||$194||$2,530||$211|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$458||$914||$650||$38||$194||$2,254||$188|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$506||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,440||$203|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$506||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,440||$203|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$506||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,440||$203|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$506||$1052||$650||$38||$194||$2,440||$203|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 2500 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Irvine.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Irvine that provide free Irvine car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Irvine are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include independent agents to get the best comparison.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Irvine that can possibly get you free car insurance rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine who can help you get comparison quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Irvine?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
After you get acceptable answers to these questions as well as cheaper Ram 2500 insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Their Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Where you call home factors in – Living in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Good credit scores equal low premiums – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Dodge Ram 2500 if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit.
Better drivers have lower rates – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one citation can increase rates substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The example below shows how traffic citations and accident claims can increase Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Your vocation is a factor – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like doctors, executives, and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations like scientists, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Companies want multiple policies – The majority of insurers apply a discount to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Irvine, car insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to save money.
Persistent drivers can save
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious Dodge Ram 2500 insurance can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Steps to buying low-cost Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Irvine
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Irvine is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in California.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
More information is located at the links below
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)