The most effective way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Irvine is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in California.
- First, read and learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for ideas to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Stratus coverage is available in Irvine. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who get price comparisons will most likely move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that drivers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Irvine is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to compare car insurance can make the process more efficient.
Getting a low cost price on Dodge Stratus insurance is a great way to save money. You just need to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes from online providers.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in California. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Irvine, CA, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing Dodge vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Dodge Stratus but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
You may qualify for discounts for Dodge Stratus insurance in Irvine
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Irvine and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple cars or trucks with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
For a list of providers with discount rates in Irvine, click here to view.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Irvine.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Irvine are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can sell car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Irvine that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- KCAL Insurance Agency (Irvine)
14795 Jeffrey Rd – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 786-6888 – View Map
- Lockton Insurance Brokers
19800 MacArthur Blvd #1250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 252-4400 – View Map
- Willis Insurance Services of CA Inc
18101 Von Karman Ave # 600 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 885-1200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Shown below are Irvine exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm: Jane Lee
30 Corporate Park – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 223-5020 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: James Lohse
4850 Barranca Pkwy #202 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-0175 – View Map
- State Farm: Richard Tay
14210 Culver Dr A – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-8866 – View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Irvine should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, falling objects, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Dodge Stratus.
Due to the fact that many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for hospital visits, EMT expenses, nursing services and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Stratus from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Stratus to save money on collision insurance.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Quote more to save more
The cheapest Dodge Stratus insurance in Irvine is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)