It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Irvine is to regularly compare quotes from companies in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional ideas to get lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper 124 Spider coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for better prices will probably switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Irvine is your target objective, then knowing how to quote and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
How to get the cheapest Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Irvine
All major car insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give coverage prices from their websites. The process is quite simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information into the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system gets your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on these and other factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the best rate.
If you want to compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Irvine, CA. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Irvine, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Score discounts on Irvine auto insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount available very well, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Irvine car insurance online.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates in Irvine.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may include some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
If you need affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Irvine. To see insurers who offer discounts in California, click this link.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Irvine.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Irvine who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good Irvine insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are Irvine independent agents that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Irvine
16969 Von Karman Ave #100 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 660-7061 – View Map
- Professional Choice Insurance
2151 Michelson Dr Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (714) 467-8726 – View Map
- Lockton Insurance Brokers
19800 MacArthur Blvd #1250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 252-4400 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Irvine that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Rebecca Higgs – State Farm Insurance Agent
5410 Trabuco Rd #100 – Irvine, CA 92620 – (949) 726-9015 – View Map
- State Farm: Jim Canty
3200 El Camino Real #110 – Irvine, CA 92602 – (949) 769-2600 – View Map
- Chris Barr – State Farm Insurance Agent
17802 Irvine Blvd a121 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-2558 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Irvine should be willing to answer these questions.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and comparing your policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
What Determines Fiat 124 Spider Insurance Prices?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Which gender costs less? – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- Too many insurance claims drive up prices – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Car insurance companies in California give lower rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Your spouse saves you money – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the miles on your Fiat every year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy states annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your 124 Spider can result in significantly higher rates.
- Costs may be higher where you live – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population means reduced accidents. Drivers who live in large California cities have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- Better insurance rates on cars with good safety ratings – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
Three good reasons to insure your 124 Spider
Even though Irvine 124 Spider insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Fiat, most banks will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your Fiat 124 Spider and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, high prices, policy cancellation or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in Irvine is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)