Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $865 a year compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on Dodge Nitro insurance in Irvine is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to shop for insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost prices for Dodge Nitro insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Irvine. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Irvine. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. When you receive it, store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Most companies provide price estimates online. Doing online quotes for Dodge Nitro insurance in Irvine is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on these factors. Using the web to get quotes for Dodge Nitro insurance in Irvine makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to perform this step in order to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in CA, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Dodge Nitro coverage analysis
The data table displayed next highlights a range of rate quotes for Dodge Nitro models. Understanding how car insurance premiums are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$230||$392||$470||$28||$140||$1,260||$105|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$230||$392||$470||$28||$140||$1,260||$105|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$262||$392||$470||$28||$140||$1,292||$108|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$262||$392||$470||$28||$140||$1,292||$108|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$262||$392||$470||$28||$140||$1,292||$108|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$262||$478||$470||$28||$140||$1,378||$115|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$262||$478||$470||$28||$140||$1,378||$115|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$262||$478||$470||$28||$140||$1,378||$115|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$262||$478||$470||$28||$140||$1,378||$115|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$296||$478||$470||$28||$140||$1,412||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can change prices greatly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Irvine auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions impact Dodge Nitro auto insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Nitro insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Dodge Nitro liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below compares Dodge Nitro car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact rule of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Nitro settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Most insurers provide discounts to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still save even more by buying from different companies
- More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents. People who live in big cities have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
High premiums for teen drivers – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The next chart is based on a single female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Dodge Nitro rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Protect your Nitro and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Irvine, buying car insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dodge with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.