Are you looking for a better way to compare more competitive auto insurance rates in Irvine, CA? Irvine consumers have many options when looking for the lowest priced Hyundai Veracruz insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a Hyundai and obtain the cheapest rates from Irvine insurance agents and online providers.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare other rates will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Irvine is your intention, then having an understanding of how to compare cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Irvine, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance statistics and figures
The premium information displayed next highlights different insurance costs for Hyundai Veracruz models. Learning more about how car insurance prices are established can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Veracruz GLS 2WD||$296||$584||$360||$22||$108||$1,370||$114|
|Veracruz GLS AWD||$334||$584||$360||$22||$108||$1,408||$117|
|Veracruz Limited 2WD||$334||$688||$360||$22||$108||$1,512||$126|
|Veracruz Limited AWD||$334||$688||$360||$22||$108||$1,512||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact premiums substantially.
Gender-based insurance premiums
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Veracruz car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Veracruz auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set guideline for excluding full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Veracruz book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Informed Consumers Can Save Money
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – The deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Accidents increase costs – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who get license-revoking violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents influence Hyundai Veracruz annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Your liability limits – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Hyundai every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Veracruz can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Safer cars get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Multiple policies with one company – Some insurers provide lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Veracruz in Irvine, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to save money.