Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who rate shop once a year are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around annually saved an average of $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Irvine is your goal, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to get budget Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Irvine is to start comparing rates regularly from providers that insure vehicles in California.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. When you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Irvine takes advantage of the fact almost all companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if you require a SR-22, an estimate of your credit level, what you do for a living, and how much education you have. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to multiple car insurance providers and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in California. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in CA, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Irvine
Some insurance providers don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in high school.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, anti-theft, good student, air bags, multi-policy, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paperless, teen driver, air bags, safe driver, company car, and anti-theft.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, accident-free, early bird, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for claim free, paid-in-full, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, DriveSense, and multi-car.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, defensive driving training, anti-theft, student away at school, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find affordable Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state.
Local Irvine auto insurance agents and car insurance
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent. Most agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Irvine who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Irvine?
The difference between Irvine auto insurance agents
When searching for local Irvine agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Irvine that are able to give price quote information.
These type of agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, you should always include price quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Irvine that are able to give rate quotes.
Ryan Hoherd, AFLAC Insurance Agent: Orange County, Long Beach, Riverside County
2770 S Harbor Blvd – Santa Ana, CA 92704 – (562) 212-3290 – View Map
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a Ford C-Max Hybrid?
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford C-Max Hybrid?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Ford C-Max Hybrid?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- When should you file claims? – Companies in California provide the best rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some companies allow better rates for people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Incidental coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance. Things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Responsible drivers pay better prices – Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates substantially. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance claim data – Insurers study historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford C-Max Hybrid Vehicles Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford C-Max Hybrid 99 92 95 94 89 100BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford C-Max Hybrid in Irvine, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford C-Max Hybrid, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap insurance rates are out there
Lower-priced Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Irvine can be purchased from both online companies and with local Irvine insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is easier than you think.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)