Unbelievably, most drivers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in America could cut their rates by nearly $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Ford F-150 insurance in Irvine is to compare prices annually from providers in California.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An essential thing to point out is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the most affordable insurance in Irvine is not as time-consuming as you think. In a nutshell, every person who is looking for cheaper insurance should be able to reduce their rates. But California drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies calculate your insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
The best way to compare rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Irvine is to understand most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide information such as if you require a SR-22, if you're married, what you do for a living, and an estimate of your credit level. That rating information is automatically sent to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Ford F-150 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Irvine, CA, it's highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Ford F-150 insurance analysis
The data table shown next outlines a range of prices for Ford F-150 models. Learning a little about how premiums are calculated is important for making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$180||$268||$534||$32||$160||$1,174||$98|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$180||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,248||$104|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$180||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,248||$104|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$180||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,248||$104|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$180||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,248||$104|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,274||$106|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$206||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,274||$106|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$206||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,274||$106|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$206||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,274||$106|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$206||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,274||$106|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,274||$106|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$206||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,274||$106|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$206||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,274||$106|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$234||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,302||$109|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$234||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,302||$109|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$234||$342||$534||$32||$160||$1,302||$109|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific Irvine garaging location which can impact premiums considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can change Ford F-150 insurance prices for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get cheaper Ford F-150 insurance rates in Irvine
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Save over 55 - Seniors are able to get a slight reduction on a Irvine auto insurance quote.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current F-150 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Irvine auto insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
The example below compares Ford F-150 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in Irvine, click this link.
Insurance is not optional in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford F-150 in Irvine, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford F-150, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
California auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Irvine. The company ratings shown next can help you select which coverage providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford F-150?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Local Irvine insurance agents
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Irvine.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Irvine who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a good Irvine insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to contact at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below are Irvine independent agents that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Hodge and Hodge Insurance Inc
10 Hughes # 205 - Irvine, CA 92618 - (949) 458-0442 - View Map
- Isu Insurance Services Irvine
18022 Cowan Ste 225 - Irvine, CA 92614 - (949) 419-2100 - View Map
- USG Insurance Services-California
100 Pacifica Suite 340 - Irvine, CA 92618 - (800) 886-3897 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Irvine who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: James Lohse
4850 Barranca Pkwy #202 - Irvine, CA 92604 - (949) 559-0175 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Charmaine Lim
20 Pacifica #1450 - Irvine, CA 92618 - (949) 387-9999 - View Map
- Ray Vermeulen - State Farm Insurance Agent
2151 Michelson Dr #242 - Irvine, CA 92612 - (949) 752-6335 - View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
After getting answers to your satisfaction as well as a affordable price, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy. Just keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy at any time so never assume you are locked into your new company for the full policy term.