It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around for better prices will most likely buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that people who regularly shopped around saved over $860 a year compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Ford Fiesta insurance in Irvine is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Irvine. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Irvine. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Companies offer many discounts on Ford Fiesta insurance in Irvine
Auto insurance companies don’t list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow data collection to study driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose providers that offer the discounts shown above in Irvine, click here to view.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Irvine, CA. If you want cheap auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Ford Fiesta is totaled?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance agents can help
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Irvine.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Irvine that can give you comparison quotes for Ford Fiesta insurance in Irvine.
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Yang
4255 Campus Dr A270 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 509-2888 – View Map
- Roger Stone Insurance Agency
5015 Birch St – Newport Beach, CA 92660 – (949) 757-0270 – View Map
- Journey Insurance
9541 Irvine Center Dr – Irvine, CA 92618 – (888) 323-7480 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
4000 Barranca Pkwy # 250 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 262-3238 – View Map
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Irvine?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
After receiving satisfactory answers to these questions and cheap Fiesta insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance company that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance savings summarized
We just covered many tips how you can get a better price on Ford Fiesta insurance in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Ford Fiesta rate quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Irvine can be purchased online and from local agencies, so get free Irvine auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional auto insurance information is available below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)