Sad but true, almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. California insurance shoppers could save themselves about $469 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched.
Really, the only way to find cheaper quotes for GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Irvine.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides additional ideas to prevent high prices and earn larger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Sierra 2500HD insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One bit of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information such as whether the vehicles are used for commuting, driver ages, if you went to college, and whether you have decent credit. The data is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance statistics for a GMC Sierra 2500HD
The coverage table shown next outlines different rate quotes for GMC Sierra 2500HD models. Having insight into how insurance premiums are established can help you make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$370||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,884||$157|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$370||$834||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,884||$157|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$370||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,884||$157|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$370||$960||$564||$34||$168||$2,096||$175|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$370||$960||$564||$34||$168||$2,096||$175|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$960||$500||$30||$150||$2,010||$168|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$370||$960||$500||$30||$150||$2,010||$168|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$370||$960||$564||$34||$168||$2,096||$175|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$412||$960||$564||$34||$168||$2,138||$178|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify premium rates substantially.
Cheap Irvine insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Multiple Cars – Having more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Sierra 2500HD insurance in Irvine.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra 2500HD yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies who may offer these discounts are:
When getting free Irvine auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer online GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance quotes in Irvine, click this link.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Irvine, insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your GMC at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your GMC. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent. Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Irvine.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Irvine who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Best car insurance agent in Irvine
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Irvine may be either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the differences since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are independent agencies in Irvine that can give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Irvine that can give you comparison quotes.
Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Irvine, get answers to these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Irvine?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?