Really, the only way to get low-cost Honda Insight insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Irvine. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Irvine. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Amazingly, most consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Irvine can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the following tips. Finding the cheapest coverage in Irvine is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Although California drivers can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
Six factors that impact insurance prices
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Extra coverages may not be needed – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Honda annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Insight can cost quite a bit.
Mature drivers save more – Beginning drivers in California are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in California award lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
More performance means higher rates – The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums will generally be found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart uses these variables: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Honda Insight car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Always keep your auto insurance policy in place – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Honda Insight insurance rates and statistics
The rate table displayed next showcases detailed analysis of prices for Honda Insight models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are figured can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can influence insurance rates greatly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Irvine insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions increase Honda Insight auto insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of insurance rates by age and gender in Irvine
The chart below illustrates the difference between Honda Insight insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below shows the difference between Honda Insight insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no specific rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Honda Insight replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Honda Insight insurance in Irvine
Companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Irvine auto insurance with certain companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy early. You may see this discount when you get Irvine auto insurance quotes online.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as opposed to bad drivers.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below shows the difference between Honda Insight insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, homeowner, switch companies, early shopping, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, drive less, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, safety features, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, multi-policy, and exclusive group savings.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Irvine, click here to view.
California car insurance companies
Picking the best insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are in California. The ranking data shown next could help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When you buy Irvine auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Cost effective Honda Insight insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Irvine, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)