If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Irvine is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in California.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more details to get lower rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to look at all possible companies. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who do rate comparisons will presumably move their business because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that consumers who routinely compared rates saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Irvine is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to compare coverage rates can save time and money.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Marriage equates to better prices – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Gender matters – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
- High premiums for teenage drivers – Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Residing in less populated areas of the country can save you money when buying insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large California cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Five star crash test rating saves money – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Hyundai Entourage is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current Entourage insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new Entourage is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, membership and employees, driver training, defensive driver, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple autos, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include multi-policy, location of vehicle, ease of repair, accident-free, and annual mileage.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, homeowners, good student, automatic seat belts, early bird, teen driver, and driver training.
- Allstate offers discounts for passive restraint, utility vehicle, early signing, multi-policy, auto/life discount, and eSmart discount.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Irvine.
Which car insurance company is best in Irvine?
Finding the highest-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Irvine. The rank data shown next may help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
More comparisons equals affordable rates
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap Hyundai Entourage insurance in Irvine can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Irvine agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)