If you want to save money, the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Irvine. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Irvine could save roughly $469 each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Irvine is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Comparison shoppers just need to use how to shop for insurance over the internet.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most larger insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including whether you drive to work or school, whether or not you need a SR-22, if you have an active license, and if you lease or own. Your information is then submitted to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To check Buick Enclave insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Irvine.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. To buy cheap car insurance in Irvine, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Enclave in Irvine, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Buick for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Buick gets damaged, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Enclave more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate information displayed next showcases a range of coverage prices for Buick Enclave models. Learning how insurance quotes are formulated is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|Enclave CX AWD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|Enclave XL AWD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in your specific Irvine location which can decrease or increase price quotes noticeably.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Buick Enclave premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Buick Enclave claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Earn discounts on Irvine insurance
Some companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could qualify for better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Enclave insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in every state.
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Supporting local agencies is still important in Irvine.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Irvine auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you instantly. If you need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Irvine agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can write auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Irvine that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Irvine that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Irvine?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Irvine?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
What is the best car insurance company in Irvine?
Ending up with a highly-rated company can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in California. The company ratings shown next can help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheap Buick Enclave insurance in Irvine is attainable both online and with local Irvine insurance agents, so get free Irvine auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)