Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for cheaper auto insurance rates in Irvine, CA? Irvine drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the best way to compare rates on a Suzuki and locate the lowest price.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on your computer.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Irvine auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Irvine and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, good student, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, multi-car, teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-theft, drive less, and safe driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, claim-free, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, homeowners, defensive driver, early bird, teen driver, and air bags.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Irvine. To view car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, follow this link.
Buy Irvine Suzuki XL-7 insurance online
Lowering your Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is take a few minutes comparing free Irvine auto insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Irvine that give free quotes for your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Irvine?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Irvine?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
When narrowing the list to find a local Irvine insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Irvine exclusive agents who may provide you with price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: James Lohse
4850 Barranca Pkwy #202 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-0175 – View Map
- State Farm: Jane Lee
30 Corporate Park – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 223-5020 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Yang
4255 Campus Dr A270 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 509-2888 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Irvine willing to provide rate quotes.
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Irvine
16969 Von Karman Ave #100 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 660-7061 – View Map
- Professional Choice Insurance
2151 Michelson Dr Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (714) 467-8726 – View Map
- Lockton Insurance Brokers
19800 MacArthur Blvd #1250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 252-4400 – View Map
You can find cheaper coverage
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Irvine auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the smaller companies.
When getting Irvine auto insurance quotes online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper auto insurance in Irvine is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Irvine
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Suzuki XL-7 insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Irvine.
- Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)