It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who shop for lower rates are very likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $860 a year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on insurance in Irvine is your intention, then having a grasp of the best way to compare auto insurance can save time and money.
The recommended way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies that sell auto insurance in Irvine. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for information to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Irvine is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you already have coverage, you should be able to save money using these techniques. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners must know how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to find better rates.
Companies offering BMW M6 insurance in Irvine
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Irvine, CA. If you want cheap car insurance in Irvine, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage information displayed below covers a range of coverage prices for BMW M6 models. Being able to understand how premiums are established can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|M6 2-Dr Coupe||$340||$808||$386||$22||$116||$1,672||$139|
|M6 2-Dr Convertible||$364||$748||$568||$34||$170||$1,884||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect rates noticeably.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can influence BMW M6 insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below shows the difference between BMW M6 car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no written rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your BMW M6 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Some companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Irvine Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Sign Online – A handful of larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below shows the difference between BMW M6 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to view companies with significant discounts in Irvine, click here.
How Insurance Providers Determine BMW M6 Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels. Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
- Inexpensive frequent claims are not good – Insurance companies in California award lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Rates and your address – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base prices – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below assumes a single female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares BMW M6 policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
- Credit history impacts premium premiums – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your BMW M6 by improving your rating.
- Cheaper prices with safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- Only buy coverage you need – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Single drivers may pay higher rates – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Bad driving leads to higher premiums – Careful drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Even a single ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who get severe citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can impact BMW M6 auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
BMW M6 insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine the price you pay. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for BMW M6 vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
BMW M6 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW M6 2dr 387 339 BMW M6 4dr 288 439 BMW M6 Convertible 349 512BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is my BMW M6 covered for smoke damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Irvine that provide free Irvine auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Irvine?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Irvine willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Rich Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
4482 Barranca Pkwy #224 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 552-6601 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
4000 Barranca Pkwy # 250 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 262-3238 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Berdy Gonzalez-Lubnau
41 Corporate Park #240 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (714) 263-2623 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Irvine independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Gardner Insurance Orange County
4952 Warner Ave – Huntington Beach, CA 92649 – (714) 846-4231 – View Map
- USG Insurance Services-California
100 Pacifica Suite 340 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (800) 886-3897 – View Map
- California Agency Insurance
17632 Irvine Blvd # 235 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 731-8300 – View Map
California auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from the top auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices there are in California. The ranking information listed below can help you pick which insurers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Quote. Compare. Save.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for BMW M6 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a small mutual company.
Cheap BMW M6 insurance in Irvine can be purchased both online in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, high prices, policy cancellation and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)