Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of California drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to save on Ford GT insurance in Irvine is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in California. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Read about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional ideas to help keep prices low and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on GT insurance. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Irvine insurance discounts for a Ford GT
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Irvine car insurance but check with your company.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on GT insurance in Irvine.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current GT insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, professional/association, accident-free, and annual mileage.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, driver training, military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, driver’s education, defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To choose insurers with discount insurance rates in Irvine, click here.
Compare Irvine Ford GT insurance quotes
When shopping for Ford GT insurance in Irvine there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from different companies. The simplest method to find cheaper Ford GT rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When quoting car insurance, remember that making a lot of price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in California. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Irvine, CA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
How You Can Control Ford GT Insurance Rates
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your GT can cost quite a bit. Double check that your vehicle rating shows the correct usage, because it can save money.
- High credit score translates to low costs – Having a bad credit rating can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford GT by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Lower premiums for safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Lower rates with continuous coverage – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A lot of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Irvine.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Irvine that provide free Irvine car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they full-time agents?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford GT insurance, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to save money.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
More affordable insurance in Irvine can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Irvine, so get free Irvine car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)