If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Irvine is to annually compare prices from different companies in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding and your credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for information to prevent high prices and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Irvine. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of insureds in California have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. drivers can save up to $860 each year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to save money without sacrificing coverage. This information will introduce you to the best methods to compare rates and some tricks to saving. Drivers just need to use the best way to buy car insurance on the web.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volvo C70 insurance in Irvine
Some insurance providers don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Irvine car insurance online.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in driver safety may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Senior Discount – Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow data collection to look at driving patterns remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Volvo C70 yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
To locate insurers with discount rates in California, click here.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The rate information displayed next covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Volvo C70 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance quotes are formulated can assist in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$296||$562||$274||$16||$82||$1,230||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower prices significantly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Volvo C70 insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Males versus Females
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volvo C70 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volvo C70 auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Volvo C70 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Lower Your Irvine Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Your address can affect price – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most larger companies afford a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Driving citations are costly – Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get dangerous citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The illustration below illustrates how violations and accidents can increase Volvo C70 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent your car from being stolen.
More performance means more cost – The type of car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data is based on a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Volvo C70 insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local Irvine auto insurance agents and car insurance
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Irvine.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Irvine that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Best auto insurance agent in Irvine
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Irvine agents may be either independent or exclusive. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Irvine who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Blackwell Insurance
23002 Lake Center Dr – Lake Forest, CA 92630 – (949) 421-0222 – View Map
- Hodge and Hodge Insurance Inc
10 Hughes # 205 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 458-0442 – View Map
- KCAL Insurance Agency (Irvine)
14795 Jeffrey Rd – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 786-6888 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Irvine willing to provide price quote information.
- Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
- State Farm: Jim Canty
3200 El Camino Real #110 – Irvine, CA 92602 – (949) 769-2600 – View Map
- Sharon Leung – State Farm Insurance Agent
18004 Sky Park Cir #250 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 252-0900 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any good agent in Irvine should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Irvine?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as low cost Volvo C70 insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Why you need Volvo vehicle insurance in California
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Irvine, maintaining insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volvo with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
What is the best car insurance company in California?
Choosing the best insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Irvine. The ranking data listed below could help you select which car insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Persistence pays off
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Volvo C70 insurance rates in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Irvine car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
More affordable auto insurance in Irvine is available both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Irvine car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)