It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Irvine. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives instructions to prevent expensive rate increases and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Tracker coverage is available in Irvine. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could pocket roughly $500 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
These tips will instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using this strategy. Vehicle owners just need to know the proper way to shop their coverage around from many companies at once.
What Affects Chevy Tracker Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Add-on coverages that may not be needed – Policies have add-on coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverages for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Consolidate and save – Most major insurers provide better rates to clients who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can find lower rates by buying from different companies
- Married people drive safer – Getting married actually saves money on your insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The performance of the car you drive makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Irvine, CA. In order to find cheap auto insurance in CA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance in California serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Tracker with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Cheaper Chevy Tracker insurance in Irvine
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course in safe driver could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow companies to monitor their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Irvine Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, good student, youthful driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, newly retired, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, multi-car, and new graduate.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for good student, paid in full, anti-theft, air bags, teen driver, mature driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, teen safe driver, safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not be available in your state. To choose insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy Tracker insurance quotes in Irvine, click here to view.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Irvine.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Irvine who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Different types of car insurance agents in Irvine
When researching a local Irvine insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Irvine that may be able to provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Irvine exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Irvine?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Best auto insurance company in California
Ending up with a highly-rated insurer is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in California. The ranking information below may help you choose which companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Quote. Compare. Save.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can save on Chevy Tracker insurance in Irvine. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in these articles:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)