Do you want an efficient way to compare low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Irvine? Are you burned out from wondering where the money will come from to buy insurance? You are no different than many other California consumers.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good chance of finding better rates. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates annually saved on average $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price for Dodge Ram insurance in Irvine is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to quote prices and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Steps to finding more affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Irvine
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper Dodge Ram insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who sell insurance in Irvine. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and a negative credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO continually hit you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You need to do price comparisons as often as possible since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Dodge Ram insurance in Irvine a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Affordable companies for Dodge Ram insurance
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Irvine, CA, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Statistics and details
The coverage table shown next outlines estimates of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Having a better idea how car insurance premiums are determined can help customers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$296||$480||$480||$28||$144||$1,428||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$334||$584||$480||$28||$144||$1,570||$131|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$334||$584||$480||$28||$144||$1,570||$131|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$334||$584||$480||$28||$144||$1,570||$131|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$334||$584||$480||$28||$144||$1,570||$131|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$334||$584||$480||$28||$144||$1,570||$131|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$334||$584||$480||$28||$144||$1,570||$131|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$334||$584||$480||$28||$144||$1,570||$131|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$334||$584||$480||$28||$144||$1,570||$131|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$372||$792||$480||$28||$144||$1,816||$151|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$372||$792||$480||$28||$144||$1,816||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in Irvine location which can increase or decrease premium rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Dodge Ram premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no written rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Irvine car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Signing – Some car insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Ram insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help lower your policy premiums.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century has savings for teen driver, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, good student, driver training, and theft prevention.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for preferred payment discount, safety features, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, good student, new move discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available everywhere.
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Irvine car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
In the end, you can save money
Low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Irvine can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Irvine, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest prices come from a small local company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to buying affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Irvine
The best way to find low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Irvine is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to understand auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like your driving record and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Ram insurance in Irvine. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Car Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Business Use in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)