I doubt anyone looks forward to paying for insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who do rate comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved on average $72 a month compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly Scion iQ insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to choose a company and compare car insurance can help simplify the process. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Scion iQ insurance in Irvine.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons at least once a year since prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Scion iQ insurance in Irvine on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to show you how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Irvine is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare price quotes instantly.
Getting cheaper insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. Just spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes from online providers.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it makes it obsolete to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote Scion iQ insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the guidance only provided by licensed Irvine agents. It is possible to price shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Irvine iQ insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Scion at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Resident Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Irvine and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military can result in better prices.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good student, multi-car, location of vehicle, ease of repair, annual mileage, and low natural disaster claims.
- Nationwide may include discounts for defensive driving, multi-policy, family plan, business or organization, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, federal employee, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, and driver training.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, multi-car, and good driver.
When quoting, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings may not be available in Irvine. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in California, click here.
Should I get advice from an insurance agent?
A lot of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Irvine who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Before buying a policy in Irvine, get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When narrowing the list to find local Irvine agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Irvine can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they are different since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Irvine that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Irvine who can help you get comparison quotes.
After you get satisfactory answers to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly service your insurance policy.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
Lower-priced Scion iQ insurance in Irvine can be sourced on the web in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding low-cost Scion iQ insurance in Irvine
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Irvine is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare every insurance company. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)