Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most drivers in California kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in America can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes.
Really, the only way to find cheaper prices for Buick Regal insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Irvine.
- First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives instructions to get cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons for Buick Regal insurance in Irvine is to understand most insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like an estimate of your credit level, how much school you completed, if a SR-22 is needed, and which vehicles you own. Those rating factors is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. To locate cheap auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Buick in Irvine, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Regal, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Buick at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Buick but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the entire discount list very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Irvine auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable their car insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Regal insurance in Irvine.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. To choose companies that offer many of these discounts in Irvine, click here to view.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Irvine insurance agencies?
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Irvine.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Irvine who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Irvine for you
When researching local Irvine agents, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they work. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Irvine who may be able to give you price quote information.
Sentry Insurance – Irvine
16815 Von Karman Ave #200 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 930-6100 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Irvine willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
After receiving good answers to any questions you have as well as cheaper Regal insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so never assume that you are obligated to any particular company for the entire policy term.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Is my Buick Regal covered if I use it for business?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What is glass protection for?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Affordable auto insurance prices are available
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
You just learned many ways to lower your Buick Regal insurance prices in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Irvine auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)