To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Irvine is to compare quotes annually from different companies in California.
First, try to comprehend car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for ideas to find cheap rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is to use identical coverages on every price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who compare price quotes are very likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved over $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding low prices for insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Irvine is not as hard as you may think. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Comparison shoppers only need to know the quickest way to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
Most larger insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide price estimates directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Kia Spectra insurance in Irvine is pretty painless as you just enter your required coverages into a form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system requests your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on many factors. Being able to quote online for Kia Spectra insurance in Irvine makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
To save time and compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Spectra insurance, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Spectra, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Kia for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Save money by receiving discounts
Some providers don’t always list every policy discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current Spectra insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student in College – Older children living away from Irvine attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, early bird, accident-free, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for safe driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, student away at school, anti-theft, good student, and driver’s education.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, new car, and student away at school.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, air bag, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, military active duty, emergency military deployment, driver training, good student, and federal employee.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Irvine. To see providers offering auto insurance discounts in Irvine, click here.
Irvine car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the right insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in California. The information below could help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies