It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop rates annually will presumably switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who compared prices regularly saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your goal, then having some insight into how to shop for insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Pontiac Vibe insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Irvine.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Cheapest companies for Pontiac Vibe insurance in California
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. To get cheaper car insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Pontiac Vibe insurance rates and statistics
The premium information displayed below highlights estimates of insurance prices for Pontiac Vibe models. Being more informed about how policy premiums are calculated can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Pontiac Vibe annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Pontiac Vibe car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates.
- Rural areas have lower premiums – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident.
Older drivers pay less – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers are known to be inattentive in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most larger auto insurance companies will award a discount to buyers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Cheaper premiums with safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car you are insuring makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data uses these assumptions: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Pontiac Vibe insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
- Get hitched and pay less – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- More annual miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. Most companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. An improperly rated Vibe is just wasting money.
Lower rate quotes on Pontiac Vibe insurance in Irvine with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Vibe insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
The information below shows the comparison of Pontiac Vibe auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, early bird, air bags, Steer into Savings, good driver, accident-free, and TimeAway discount.
- State Farm discounts include good student, student away at school, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, driver training, teen driver, automatic seat belts, student driver, and early bird.
- Travelers may offer discounts for payment discounts, home ownership, early quote, multi-policy, new car, good student, and multi-car.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, federal employee, seat belt use, daytime running lights, multi-policy, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need the cheapest Pontiac Vibe rate quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Irvine. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer cheap Pontiac Vibe insurance quotes in Irvine, follow this link.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Irvine.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Irvine who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Irvine are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either type can write insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Irvine who may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Irvine exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What companies can they write with?
- Does their agency support local causes in Irvine?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Best car insurance in California
Ending up with the best auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are in Irvine. The company rank data in the lists below may help you pick which car insurance providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my Pontiac Vibe is worth?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
One last note
Lower-priced insurance in Irvine is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Irvine, so you need to quote Irvine car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare Pontiac Vibe insurance prices in Irvine. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Irvine car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When getting Irvine car insurance quotes online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)