It’s shocking but almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Irvine drivers could save themselves almost 35% a year, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Really, the only way to find affordable Audi TT RS insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Irvine. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and a substandard credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for the details to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Irvine is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you’re already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using these techniques. But California drivers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
The Audi TT RS Insurance Cost Equation
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Rates impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated TT RS may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Theft deterrents save – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Job stress can make you pay more – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, social workers, and financial analysts generally have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers like scientists, students and the unemployed pay the least.
- Premiums are affected by your credit rating – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Audi TT RS by repairing your credit.
Cheaper Irvine car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Good Student – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of your policy.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, air bags, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, passive restraint, driver’s education, safe vehicle, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for ease of repair, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, professional/association, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, good student, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, student driver, and teen driver.
- Allstate has discounts for economy car, premier discount, defensive driver, auto/life discount, farm vehicle, early signing, and teenSMART discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to give you their best rates. Savings may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, follow this link.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Low-cost Audi TT RS insurance in Irvine is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)