Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. California drivers could save 35% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Irvine is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in California.
- Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price like careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides ideas to help prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Alpina B7 insurance. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Immediately keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you already have coverage or want to find a cheaper company, you can use this information to buy cheaper insurance without sacrificing coverage. Our objective is to tell you how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. Drivers just have to learn the fastest way to shop using one simple form.
The majority of larger companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give prices for coverage from their websites. Doing online quotes for BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Irvine doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their system orders credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Irvine makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the best car insurance rates.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. If you want cheap car insurance in Irvine, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance policy discounts for BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Irvine
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Irvine car insurance quote.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Alpina B7 can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include safe driver, good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, safety features, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, newly married, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, accident-free, driver’s education, good driver, multiple policy, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple vehicles, group or association, good student, and paperless.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, driver training, military active duty, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policies in your area. To locate insurers with the best BMW Alpina B7 insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a BMW Alpina B7 in Irvine, buying auto insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your BMW at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your BMW gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When to talk to an agent
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Irvine.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Irvine that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a local insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can do a good job, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Irvine independent agents who may provide pricing information.
- Tustin Insurance Agency
17621 Irvine Blvd #112 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 838-1704 – View Map
- Peter Green Insurance Agency LLC
3151 Airway Ave Suite F203 – Costa Mesa, CA 92626 – (714) 258-2800 – View Map
- California Agency Insurance
17632 Irvine Blvd # 235 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 731-8300 – View Map
These type of agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine that can give you comparison quotes.
- Rich Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
4482 Barranca Pkwy #224 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 552-6601 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Adams
4860 Irvine Blvd Ste 206 – Irvine, CA 92620 – (714) 505-2457 – View Map
- Ken LaTourette – State Farm Insurance Agent
1032 Irvine Blvd – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-3779 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your BMW Alpina B7.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Alpina B7 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Alpina B7 to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and vandalism. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like chiropractic care, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage