How long has it been since you sat down and looked for the cheapest Buick Verano insurance in Irvine? Searching for lower-cost Irvine Buick Verano insurance quotes may be somewhat intimidating for drivers who are beginners to quoting and comparing and buying insurance on the internet. Since there are so many companies competing online, how can you even start to compare every one to find the best available rates?
A study showed that almost 70% of drivers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can cut their rates by about $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices change frequently. Just because you had the best price on Buick Verano insurance in Irvine on your last policy you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the proper way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to save money using this strategy. Finding and buying the best coverage in Irvine is not as confusing as people think. Although California car owners must know the way insurance companies determine premium rates and use it to find better rates.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Buick Verano insurance in Irvine is to know the fact almost all companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details like what your job is, driver details, if a SR-22 is needed, and if the car is leased. That information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To check Buick Verano insurance prices now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Save money with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a class that teaches safe driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Irvine car insurance quote.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will reduce the premium cost.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple policy, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and driver training.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include teen driver, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, early bird, and air bags.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
If you want affordable Buick Verano insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policies in your state. For a list of providers offering insurance discounts in Irvine, click here.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Irvine insurance agent
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Irvine car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to your email. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Irvine?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Irvine?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Irvine insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Irvine may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Irvine exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Jim Canty
3200 El Camino Real #110 – Irvine, CA 92602 – (949) 769-2600 – View Map
- Chris Barr – State Farm Insurance Agent
17802 Irvine Blvd a121 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-2558 – View Map
- Ray Vermeulen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2151 Michelson Dr #242 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 752-6335 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Irvine independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- California Agency Insurance
17632 Irvine Blvd # 235 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 731-8300 – View Map
- First American Property and Casualty Insurance Agency, Inc.
24 Executive Park Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (888) 546-5118 – View Map
- Willis Insurance Services of CA Inc
18101 Von Karman Ave # 600 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 885-1200 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good answers and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance. It’s important to know that you have the power to terminate coverage for any reason so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency with no way out.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Men tend to take more risk – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Car features impact rates – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Single drivers may pay more – Having a wife or husband actually saves money when buying insurance. Marriage means you’re less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Driving citations will cost you – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Teen driver insurance rates – Youthful drivers in California tend to be easily distracted behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a first-time driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
Save by driving safer vehicles – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If the Buick Verano earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Your address can influence price – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated California areas tend to have traffic congestion and longer commute times. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Performance makes a difference – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums are usually found on low performance passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Buick Verano claim statistics – Companies study historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Verano in Irvine, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Buick and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Irvine is overpaying more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Compare but don’t skimp
Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies. Cost effective Buick Verano insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Irvine, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, high prices and high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
We just showed you many ways to lower your Buick Verano insurance rates in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
How to find low-cost Buick Verano insurance in Irvine
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper Buick Verano insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Irvine.
- First, learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A key point to remember is that you use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Much more information about insurance in California is available at these links:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)